Thursday, May 31, 2012

Americana Table Topper

      Last year I purchased some July 4th fabrics with the hopes of making some things for my home. I never got around to it then but I have now.
     This pattern came from one of my old quilting magazines. I strayed a bit from the original to make it suit my tastes of simple and not to overwhelmingly patriotic.


    It looks great on my coffee table! I'm excited to make a few more things to go with it. Maybe a pillow and then a runner to go in the dining room?


     I quilted it with free motion stars and loops to go with the July 4th feel. The big pinwheels are made out of a fabric called fireworks. I kinda think it looks like feathers.


     I backed it with a portion of a sheet that had red, white, and blue stripes. It is bound with a solid navy blue. I really enjoyed the process of making this small quilt. I have been sewing so much for others lately and none for myself so it was nice to slow down and just enjoy all the steps in quilt making. I didn't have a deadline so I didn't have to rush and I wasn't overly worried about it being perfect because I wasn't selling it. Quilting is wonderful therapy.

     If you haven't already please "like" my sewing page on Facebook. That's how you should contact me if you'd like something made and shipped to you.

2 comments:

I treasure your comments. I receive a blessing with each one. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment.